Be Aware of Depression and Learn How to Cure It
Depression may be described as “living in a black hole” or having a feeling of impending doom. Feeling depressed can be a normal reaction to loss, life struggle, or an injured self esteem. But when feelings of intense sadness include feeling helpless, hopeless, and apathetic; if the person is constantly feeling angry and aggressive, lasting for many days to weeks particularly in men; and if these feelings keep the person from functioning normally, it can be clinical depression.
1 How do I know if it is depression?
The key sign of depression is low mood or loss of interest in activities that you once enjoyed. To determine if you are depressed, check if you suffer from the symptoms below:
- Feeling fatigued
- Loss of energy almost every day and every time
- Impaired concentration and indecisiveness
- Hypersomnia or insomnia
- Feeling worthless or guilty most of the time
- Feeling hopeless and helpless
- Loss of interest in day-to-day activities
- Being restless, impatient, and impulsive
- Instant weight loss or gain
- Recurring thoughts of death or suicide