Delicious warming and cooling soups for winter and summer
Is a bowl of soup really a good winter meal? It can be yes and no. Soups may also be served cold making it a good summer meal as well. Have you heard about that earlier? Yes, soups are healthy liquid meals; they not only sate hunger in winters but also sate hunger in summer as you can have chilled soups too. A healthy composition of selected foods can boost the flavor, nutrition, and filling power of your soup.
Soups are nutritious foods that provide a good mix of minerals, phytochemicals, and antioxidants found in plants which destroy toxins in the body.
1 Which types of soup should be avoided?
Canned or packet soups should be avoided as they contain higher amounts of salts and additives. Check the labels if you are on a low salt diet. Avoid very spicy soups as they may cause inflammation and increase acid levels in the body. If you are on a low fat diet, avoid creamy soups as they contain very high levels of fat.
Hot treats for chilling winters
Green almond soup
- 5-6 soaked almonds
- A small bunch of spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small onion
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 3 cups water or vegetable stock
How to prepare:
- Add water in a pot over low heat.
- Blend fresh spinach and puree it. Sieve and add into the pot of water.
- Add finely chopped onion and garlic.
- Put the cinnamon stick in the pot while cooking so that the soup absorbs all the flavor of the stick.
- Chop the soaked almonds into eatable bites and put it into the simmering soup.
- It hardly takes 10 minutes to cook this soup. Serve it green, fresh, and hot. You can season it with salt and pepper.
It improves bone health. Having vitamin K as its main supplement, it helps prevent osteoclasts from breaking down bone tissue and also has bone-building calcium.
- The anti-inflammatory property of spinach helps reduce inflammation all over the body.
- Almond and spinach improve mind power and enhance leaning capacity and motor skills.