6 Precautions to be taken to reduce the risk of heart attack
- Avoid smoking.
- Try to reduce stress.
- Be positive.
- Exercise regularly.
- Monitor blood glucose.
- Eat according to meal plan.
- Maintain an ideal weight.
7 Foods which help to enhance health after treatment
- Sweet lime: Daily intake of sweet lime juice lowers cholesterol and helps to keep the arteries clean.
- Pomegranate juice: Frequent or regular drinking of pomegranate juice strengthens the walls and muscles of the heart. Include pomegranate juice as part of your heart-friendly diet.
- Cow milk: Cow milk is considered light as compared to any other milk. Dairy products made only of cow’s milk should be given to the patient for a low-fat diet.
- Amla (Indian gooseberries): It is a great detoxifier. Incorporate amla in your diet if you have previously had a heart attack. This helps in the reduction of weight and also lowers cholesterol.
- Carrot juice: It is high in fiber and is very good for a heart patient. It keeps the heart healthy and helps form blood quickly.
In addition, there are much more food that keep the heart healthy in different ways including orange juice with honey, pistachio, grapes, dates, apple and its juice, wood apple juice, or squash.
Also, avoid food containing oil, spices and fat. Avoid alcohol and non-vegetables. This helps in keeping the heart clean and strong.
Be positive and never have a losing attitude towards life. Live your life your way. However, be healthy and strong. Heart attack is a real killer, but keeping your mind and body very strong assures prevention and survival.