Do any of you know what kinds of food to include in a man’s diet to raise or promote male fertility? Do you actually know what male fertility means? Get your queries answered here. In this article, you will come to know about fertility-boosting foods and the solution to male infertility through some diet formulas.
1 Fertility in men: Know the problems related to male infertility
Fertility in men is the ability to impregnate. If he is incapable of impregnating a woman, then he is considered to be infertile. More often, fertility is only checked when pregnancy is not achieved in spite of the best efforts to conceive.
Infertility is not a disease; it is an inefficiency which can be resolved in many ways. Let us discuss the simplest natural way – through diet and food – since there are many problems related to infertility such as low sperm count, low mobility of sperm, emotional trauma, ejaculatory incompetence, varicocele, etc. which can be solved by the food we eat.
2 Few things to know about infertility
- Causes of fertility may range from hormonal disturbances to physical or psychological problems.
- Wearing tight and synthetic underwear may also cause infertility in men as it does not allow air to pass and keep the testes cool.
- Men with healthy lifestyle produce healthy sperm. So follow a good regime.
- Smoking, drinking too much alcohol and coffee, can cause testicle shrinkage and infertility.
- Any recreational drugs, if taken regularly, can be life-threatening and can have adverse effects on male fertility.
3 Intensive exercises can reduce the testosterone level in the body
- Hormonal changes can occur due to stress and may result to wrong chemical formations in the body causing an imbalance in sex hormones. Stress should be avoided when trying to conceive.
- Relax and prepare your body to produce healthy sperm with massages and therapies.
- Avoid too spicy, too heavy, and cold food.
- Avoid coriander, eggplant, tomatoes, lady’s finger, bell pepper, and too much basil while trying to conceive.
Foods that promote fertility in man
Mango is considered as the best food for a man who is hoping to become a father. Regular intake of mango raises a man’s ability to produce quality semen.
Cool a mango in a fridge and then remove its pulp. Blend it into a smoothie then drink it sip by sip. After drinking, wait for 2 hours then drink a glass of milk with little sugar. Follow this procedure for 2-3 months and you will feel extraordinary strength.
Note: You might think of having a mango shake instead of this process but to attain a certain goal, there is a procedure or a formula that you have to follow. Therefore, you must follow the above procedure to boost fertility.
Daily consumption of pomegranate juice can boost your fertility levels and it also cleanses the reproductive system.
Note: It is already flavorful without any additives, however, rock salt, honey, and mint can enhance the flavor but they should be avoided because they can alter the medicinal properties of pomegranate juice.
To promote fertility in men, coconut can be consumed in any form; either in a simple and classic way or coconut milk can be extracted and taken while having breakfast. Grated dried coconut can be used in cakes, curries, and sweets.
Consuming 15 pine nuts daily for 2 months can power up the weak nerves and strengthen the entire reproductive system of men.
Note: Limit consumption to the recommended amount. This formula should be followed to gain fruitful results.
Men should indulge in horse gram, split black gram, and yellow gram daily to boost their reproductive potential. These can be taken in form of sprouts, soups, curries, and desserts.
Try this legume recipe:
- 6-7 tbsp of clarified butter (cow’s preferred)
- 1 cup yellow split gram
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½-3/4 cup sugar
4 Cooking instructions
- Soak split yellow gram in water for 3-4 hours.
- Drain and allow to dry then grind well.
- In a wok, pour in clarified butter and ground gram.
- Fry it well until its color changes to golden brown.
- The gram absorbs all the butter while being fried, and then releases it again when cooked well. That is how you will know it is already cooked.
- Add water and cook well. You may also add sugar.
- You should achieve a pudding-like consistency.
- Add cardamom for aroma and saffron for color. These ingredients also promote fertility. You can add chopped nuts like almonds, pistachio, and charoli.
5 Dried fruits
Walnuts, cashew, almonds, and dates are high in protein and are considered as super nutritional food. Dried fruits are power-packed and can improve reproductive health. A handful of dried fruits can be eaten thrice a week to improve sexual performance.
Berries are rich in amino acids, vitamin C, and antioxidants. Researches have shown that men who include berries in their diet regularly exhibited improved sperm quality and mobility. Consuming Vitamin C-rich food can also prevent clumping of sperm. Banana, peaches, pears, plum, and stewed apple are also good fertility-boosting food.
Stone flowers (Parmelia perlata): This helps in providing energy and stamina to the body and eradicates sexual weakness. It naturally provides strength to sexual organs.
Tribulus terrestris: It is a wonderful natural herb that can get rid of impotency and infertility. It tones up the reproductive system of men and improves testicular function.
Argyreia speciosa: It increases blood supply to the male organ and helps to get a strong and hard erection.
Dairy products: Cow’s milk is considered as a fertility-boosting food. Butter, cheese, and yogurt made from cow’s milk are recommended to improve fertility. Milk can be taken in the form of smoothies, dessert, puddings, etc. The lactose content in milk stimulates the plugged nerves or elements of the reproductive system.
Male infertility can be a big issue, but science today offers different and natural ways to reverse the problem. However, to attain something, you have to work hard for it. For those who have reproductive problems, these foods can help you eradicate infertility at the comfort of your home. We hope that these few tips and recipes can help boost your reproductive ability and we hope that you will be able to start a family soon.